Phone:   (978) 877-2536


Fax:   (978) 882-0234
United State of America Flag
Authorized Members Should Log-In

~Process Server
Constable / Capias


Apostille Services

Sample of an Apostille and Certification from the Secretary of State

NOTICE:  We are not a  national apostille
service. We assist people, colleges, schools, universities, and businesses who need a Massachusetts Apostille for a notarized or certified document originating from Massachusetts.  We can also obtain certification and/or authentication from the U.S. Department of State on your behalf upon request.

Our Services:

Need a document legalized by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts so that it will be accepted by a foreign country? If so, we can help!

Our services include the following:

  • Notarization
    • Certify Copy
    • Signature Witness
    • Acknowledgments
    • Jurat (Sworn Statements, Affidavit)
  • Obtain Certification and/or Apostille from Commonwealth of Massachusetts
    • Within 24-48 hours, we will have the Apostille issued.
  • Ensure the Certification and/or Apostille is for the correct country receiving the document(s)
    • Countries participating in the International Treaty known as the Hague Convention usually require an Apostille while other countries require a Certification (a/k/a legalization).
  • E-Mail Documents
    • Many countries will accept a copy in lieu of the original Certification or Apostille; therefore, once we obtain the "legalization", we can immediately e-mail you a copy that you can fax or send (if accepted, of course).


    A certification or legalization is generally necessary for documents which leave the United States. Common types of documents which require certification for acceptance into a foreign country include documents for an international adoption, dipolmas issued by an American college or univeristy and various types of records and contracts integral to a company which does business in a foreign country.

    Please be advised that certification can only be obtained for documents with an original signature of a valid public officer. Such public officers include:

    • Massachusetts Notary Public
    • justice of the peace
    • city/town clerk, or assistant
    • court clerk, or assistant     or
    • Registrar of Vital Records

    Photocopied signatures of any of the above officials cannot be certified. It is important to identify which country will receive the records since different countries require different types of certification. The certification forms are basically the same; however, the name of the certificate which is attached to a document going to a country which is a signatory to the Hague Convention is known as an Apostille.

We can obtain certification from U.S. Department of State
     The U.S. Department of State is responsible for signing and issuing certificates under the Seal of the U.S. Department of State providing authentication services to U.S. citizens and foreign nationals on documents that will be used overseas. The U.S. Department of State receives a variety of documents from commercial organizations, private citizens, and officials of the Federal and State governments.

    The types of documents that usually require U.S. Department of State authentication include, but are not limited to: company bylaws, powers of attorney, trademarks, dipolmas, transcripts, distributorship agreements, articles of incorporation, good standing certificate, home studies, letters of reference, etc.

    If you need the Massachusetts Apostille authenticated by the U.S. Department of State, we can handle that for you as well upon request. The cost to obtain an authentication from the U.S. Department of State would be $75. This fee is in addition to the Massachusetts Apostille fees.


Notary Public Raised Seal

In order to receive this service, you must:

> 1.) Send the ORIGINAL document that has the signature and seal of the public officer (notary public, justice of the peace, clerk of court, etc.)

>2.) If you need a certified copy of a document, our Notary Public will certify a copy of the ORIGINAL document which will enable you to obtain an Apostille or Certification (Notice: A notary cannot certify vital records such as a birth certificate).

>3.) Fill out this form (PDF) for each document
> Apostille-Request-Form

>4.) Enclose a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope that we can use to send the documents back to you in.

>5.) Enclose a check or money order payable to (notary): Korey E. Humphreys

>6.) Send the ORIGINAL document(s), Apostille Request Form, self-addressed envelope, and check to the notary's direct mailing address which is as follows:

Korey E. Humphreys
Notary Public
60 Washington Street
Ayer, MA 01432

>7.) Send us an email to let us know that you have sent documents.


Includes everthing:

(1) Our travel expenses
(2) Inspection of Notarized document ensuring it will be accpetable for an Apostille
(3) Our time obtaining the Apostille or Certification
(4) Scanning and E-Mailing of copies
(5) Postage to send original documents to your mailing address
(6) Notarization if needed

$110 + $15 per document
(4 documents would be $155)

If you need the Massachusetts Apostille authenticated by the U.S. Department of State, please add an additional $75  per document that needs authenticated by the Department of State.


What is an Apostille?
An Apostille is a document issued by the Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth that verifies the authenticity of the signature on the document; the capacity in which the person signing the document acted; and the identity of any stamp or seal affixed to the document. The Apostille is a specific form of authentication for countries that participate in the Hague Convention of 1961.

What is a Certification of Appointment?
A Certification of Appointment certifies that the individual who performed the notarization was appointed to a Notary Public commission at the time of notarization and is a qualified Notary Public in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Where can I get a copy of my marriage certificate?
The city or town clerk where you applied and filed your marriage license will provide you with a certified copy. (We can obtain it for you for an additional fee upon request).

Where can I get a copy of my divorce decree?
Contact the district court clerk in the district where your divorce decree was filed and request a certified copy. (We can obtain it for you for an additional fee upon request).

Where can I get a copy of my birth certificate?
Contact the Office of Vital Records, 617-740-2600, or your local city or town clerk where the birth was recorded. (We can obtain it for your for an additional fee upon request).

I need my documents authenticated by the United States Department of State. Can you get certification from the U.S. Department of State on my behalf?
Yes, after we obtain an Apostille from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, we can obtain a certificate of authentication by the United States Department of State. This cost an additional $75. The Department of State usually takes between 14-28 days to issue the certificate.

I don't live in Massachusetts but have a document from Massachusetts that needs an Apostille attached. Can you assist me?
Yes, as long as the document was notarized or certified in Massachusetts, then we can obtain an Apostille on your behalf.

High School Diploma    Associate Degree   Bachelor Degree  Contract   Diplomas   authenticated   professional license   certificates  notarial apostille  notorial  degrees  school certificates  college  award  university  University of Massachusetts   Northeastern University  transcript   transcripts  Commonwealth of Massachusetts  certified transcripts   authentication  Italy  Kuwait  China  Japan  Europe  Russia  Canada

Website and all contents © Copyright Korey Humphreys 2002-2013, All rights reserved.